Pages

Film Poster

This week were tasked with using our creative lettering to create a film poster out of the following titles:
- The Exorcist
- 50 Shades of Grey 
- Vertigo
- Gone with the Wind
- Spiderman
- Dracula
- Inside Out
- The Magnificent Seven
- Skyfall
- The Kite Runner
 
We had to avoid using images from the film and just focus on letting the type be expressive and the focal point of the film poster - the film title I picked was Skyfall and below our my experiments of the creative lettering using charcoal and paint.
 

They were then scanned and imported so I can play around with them in order to create a film poster I was happy with, my results can be seen below.



I felt the second poster was more successful than the first because of the addition of colour, and making the type speak more with the repition and placement of the Skyfall title. I created the first poster as a simple representation of a cloudy texture and the title just floating in mid air, whereas the second one I feel has more of a freedom element to it and created it to be more expressive than the first poster. 
 

Dav31d

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment