Pages

Feedback

I went ahead testing the beginnings of my game with a handful of my class mates after one of our lectures. We all set up, got comfortable, bought drinks and then I explained the game (Catch up) & the rules to everyone and then we went ahead playing it. The images below show us playing ( at our student union) the game.

















 I had asked everyone participating in the game, to leave any comments/suggestions at the end for my own analysis and development later. The feedback I had got regarding the game are as follows: 

- Instead of a specific language ask how do you say hello in your mother tongue / or the country you are in!
This was based on one of the language questions I had put in my first round of questions which was, 'how do you say hello in Japanese?' I think this was a good suggestion because when formerly thinking of the questions to do with language I think I kept it too ambiguous and therefore there was no specific or clear cut reason to ask that particular question. But with the feedback I had received I believe that idea would create more of a reason for that language question to be included.

- Use sheets of peoples names to select who to throw the ball to!
A few of the participants said they would like to know who to throw the ball to next as there was 7 players perhaps something like a twister board to help choose the next player to throw it to.

- I know the Chinese of a specific word but not in but not in English!
There was a question where a participant knew an answer, however she did not know the English word just the Chinese translation.


- The colour spots should be bigger so that the moment it lands in the palm, 2 colours at maximum could be shown at that moment!
From my own observation I did notice that there were a few occasions that the ball had to be rotated to a specific colour once it was caught in order to pick a coloured card and answer the question. I believe if this was to continue to happen during the game players would have to choose the colours for the co-ordinated question themselves, that is not the aim and I think could ruin the fun and spontaneity of the throw and catch concept.

- Add more personal questions about their life to get the other person talking/sharing about themselves!
A player suggested adding more personal questions for that particular colour that asks those category questions.

- Basic religious question! 
Some participants found the religious questions to be too difficult and therefore made a suggestion to make it a bit easier. This actually lead to another suggestion by another player.

- Divide and have a bunch of cards for each difficulty so an easy, medium and hard difficulty!
This suggestion was based on some of the questions being too difficult to answer.


- Get notes of dates and days celebrated in different countries!
 One of the questions 'what is the 11th of November known as' - I originally put Armistice Day/Remembrance (as an answer) day based on being in England and other countries, but again in practicality this was too ambiguous for anyone to understand what is actually being asked. The 11th of November is also known as singles day in China therefore that particular question doesn't work. Something I can definitely readdress in the development, it was a learning curve for me as well.

- What if people land on colours that have run out?!
In this instance there were only 4 question cards per category so once we had finished the questions, players were still landing on colours that we had finished questions for. This disrupted the flow and therefore will certainly need to be addressed in the developing of the concept.

- No mobile phones!
As you can see some of the pictures people were using their phones, I am not entirely sure what they were all doing (except for those that were taking selfies 😒) but I think a no mobile phones rule would be useful for not cheating (for example looking up the answer on the internet) but also as a way of not having a distraction present during the time playing.

I was very pleased with my feedback in the end because I felt it helped highlight some of the current flaws at this stage of the game and with that in mind I now have a platform to work towards and a better idea of how I can use the constructive feedback to develop and refine my concept.


Dav31d

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment